2014-15 Education Series
Each year the North Country Council of Social Agencies' Board of Directors works diligently to bring pertinent education and training to agency leaders. Please join our sessions to explore the fundamentals of strong, effective, forward-thinking community organizations.
March 2015 Highlights
Here are a few important updates from the Council:
- There's still some time left! We have kicked off our 2015 "Annual Network Connection" which covers membership from January to December 2015. If you haven't received our 2015 Membership Application Form, you can download it by clicking HERE.
- We are excited about our March program: Working Effectively Across Generations. This session will be led by Jim Sheridan (Senior Management Consultant, Organizational Development Services, Cornell University) and is designed to show you how to build collaborative relationships and manage across generations. Please spread the word and bring a friend to join you for this dynamic session.
- The NCCSA supports Fort Drum! The Army is facing tough decisions on where to reduce troops - decisions that could devastate our community. The Fort Drum Regional Liaison Organization is garnering support via an online petition at www.Drum2025.com, please visit the page, sign the petition and support Fort Drum. In addition, on March 20, 2015 at 5PM there will be a Public Rally and Listening Session at JCC. For more information, click HERE.
- We are very delighted and grateful that the Northern New York Community Foundation (NNYCF) is supporting our Human Services Scholarship. The NNYCF will match the donations we receive throughout 2015, up to $2,500.00. You can access the scholarship form by clicking HERE.
- Many of you are currently very busy writing grant applications. Please take advantage of our region's North Country Health Compass for up-to-date data and best practices to support your applications.
The Board of Directors wants to hear from you! Email us at
to share your feedback and any ideas you may have to help us improve our educational programs and bring you the information you need.
Annual NCCSA Scholarship Awarded
NCCSA established a Human Services Scholarship in 2014 with the guidance of the Northern New York Community Foundation. The Board of Directors felt this was a meaningful way to ensure the success of local students pursuing a social science career path.
The Board of Directors for the North Country Council of Social Agencies has established a scholarship fund for non-traditional students with the guidance of the Northern New York Community Foundation. In order to qualify for the scholarship a student can be full or part-time in Jefferson and Lewis Counties who are at minimum in their third year of study or
junior year of college. Additionally, students who have completed a bachelor’s degree, working toward Master’s in human services will be considered. Preference will be given to students who have shown an effort to provide community service hours.
At the August, 2014 anniversary celebration Megan Rexford of Adams, New York, was awarded the first scholarship. Megan is attending Cazenovia College, Cazenovia, New York and is a third year Human Service major.
For more photos of the 70th Anniversary celebration hosted by the NCCSA and sponsored in part by the Nortern New York Community Foundation click here.
Photos taken by Chris Bova of Bova Photography. Visit his website at http://bovaphotography.com/ to view his work.